How does EU allow crop protection products?
- The regulatory process in the EU (Bayer)
- Registering plant protection products in the EU (European Crop Protection Association)
- Authorisation of plant protection products (EU Commission)
How does Bayer assess the safety of products?
Are pesticides safe? On the field and on my food?
- About science and producing food: Farm meets Table (Bayer)
- Pesticides explained (EU Commission)
- Are pesticides a hazard or a risk? And what is the difference? (Bayer)
- Crop Protection in perspective (Bayer)
- Pesticide use and food safety (European Crop Protection Association)
- Consumer safety (Crop Life International)
- Animated video about residues in food (Crop Protection Association – UK)
- Pesticide residues - What are Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs), and is my food safe? (European Crop Protection Association)
Who monitors pesticide residues on my food?
- Germany (Bundesamt für Verbraucherschutz und Lebensmittelsicherheit (BVL) monitoring program
- USA (EPA) monitoring program
- United Kingdom (Committee on Pesticide Residues in Food (PRiF)) monitoring program
Want some surprising facts and figures on the future of agriculture?
- Agriculture in numbers (Bayer)
- Interesting information about agriculture (videos, posters, infographics, reports, brochures by Crop Life America)
Voices on Bayer’s Transparency initiative:
- Bayer Transparency Initiative: Demystifying Science – Seeing is Believing (Adrian Percy, Head of Research and Development, Bayer Crop Science Division)
Other Transparency initiatives in the agricultural industry:
- Our Commitment to Data Transparency (Crop Life International)
- Industry Data Transparency (European Crop Protection Association)
- Bee health – Ensuring pollinator safety (Bayer)
Need some support on scientific terms?